The Eastern Discovery (Preview 2019)
About Athens, Greece
Additional Included Highlights
- Maribor: Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Trogir: See the Cipiko Palace and Romanesque cathedral.
- Tirana: Enjoy guided sightseeing with your Local Expert.
- Corfu: Sail from the mainland to this idyllic island to relax or explore as you wish.
- Scenic Drives: Styria, Drava River, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Montenegro, Albania.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your vacation with a lively Celebration Dinner in true Greek style at a local restaurant.
- Dubrovnik: Inside the mighty defensive walls of the Old Town, you will be offered a varied selection of charming restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Dining Summary: 13 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Athens: Ascend the Sacred Rock, better known as the Acropolis, to admire the Parthenon built in fifth century B.C. as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and the Porch of the Maidens.
- Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way, once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Vienna: Set in the heart of Vienna and featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels.
- Split: The modern Hotel President Solin is conveniently located just a few minutes from the ancient city of Split and the famous Diocletian’s Palace.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vienna: Let the sheer opulence of Schönbrunn Palace indulge your senses! Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road passing the Hofburg Imperial Palace, Austrian Parliament Building, Opera House and Karlskirche.
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert guides you this two-tiered capital. Explore Donji Grad, the Lower Town, and see the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square, Ban Josip Jelacic Square and the cathedral. Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotrščak Tower.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotrščak Tower.
- Plitvice Lakes: Marvel at the water wonderland, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, as you walk with your Local Expert along stunning cascades.
- Split: Join a Local Expert to explore within the walls of the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s palace, now the heart of modern day Split.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the old town to see Onofrio's Fountain, Rector's Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Kotor: Visit the old town situated on a beautiful bay and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Corfu: Escape to this idyllic island, enjoying leisure time on the beach or insightful exploration.
You will visit the following 6 places:
Croatia is an Eastern European country with a long coastline on the Adriatic Sea. Ranking the 18th most popular tourist destination in the world, Croatia is blessed with a wealth of natural riches, boasting almost 2000km of rocky, indented shore and more than a thousand islands, many blanketed in luxuriant vegetation. Even during the heavily visited months of July and August there are still enough off-the-beaten-track islands, quiet coves and stone-built fishing villages to make you feel as if you’re visiting Europe at its most unspoiled.
Montenegro is a Balkan country with rugged mountains, medieval villages and a narrow strip of beaches along its Adriatic coastline. In 2007, the country received peak level of tourism which almost reached pre-war volumes. As a result, many roads have been renovated (reducing driving time) and many hotels have been constructed or renovated. A sovereign state in Southeastern Europe, Montenegro is a land exploding with colour.
Albania, officially known as the Republic of Albania, is a country in South Eastern Europe. It is bordered by Montenegro to the northwest, Kosovo to the northeast, the Republic of Macedonia to the east and Greece to the south and southeast. It has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the west, and on the Ionian Sea to the southwest. It is less than 45 miles from Italy, across the Strait of Otranto which links the Adriatic Sea to the Ionian Sea. Albania is a member of the United Nations, NATO, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Council of Europe, World Trade Organisation, Organisation of the Islamic Conference and one of the founding members of the Union for the Mediterranean.
Austria is a German-speaking federal republic and a landlocked country of over 8.66 million people in Central Europe. It is characterized by its mountain villages, baroque city architecture, Imperial history and rugged alpine terrain. Vienna, its Danube River capital, is home to the Schonbrunn and Hofburg palaces, and has counted Mozart, Strauss and Sigmund Freud among its residents. The country’s other notable regions include the northern Bohemian Forest, Lake Traun and eastern hillside vineyards.
Greece, also known since ancient times as Hellas, is a country located in southeastern Europe. The country has one of the longest histories of any country, and is considered the cradle of Western civilization, having been the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, Western literature, historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, and Western drama, including both tragedy and comedy. Athens, its busy capital, retains ancient landmarks including the 5th-century-B.C.E. Acropolis citadel and Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos. Furthermore it's a geographically appealing place to visit, with a mountainous mainland and idyllic island beaches!